PLEASE STATE THE JOB TITLE YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN ANY EMAIL CORRESPONDENCE.[/fusion_separator]
Self Install (Broadband) Telecoms Engineer
“If you are looking for a career in Telecoms and would like to work for a rapidly expanding, forward thinking company and meet the criteria set out below then our company needs you!”
WE ARE LOOKING FOR;
- EX BT ENGINEERS
- EX SKY INSTALLERS
- EX VIRGIN MEDIA INSTALLERS
- TV/AV ENGINEERS
- OVERHEAD LINESMEN
- TELECOMMS ENGINEERS
- ANYONE WITH A COMMUNICATIONS OR WORK AT HEIGHT BACKGROUND.
WHO ARE WE?
M.J. Quinn are an Integrated Services provider with a rapidly expanding telecoms division. We have achieved this by focusing on the delivery of managed solutions in a quality and safe manner. The company ethos of achieving customer satisfaction has seen MJ Quinn increase its workforce to over 1000 telecoms engineers.
We invest heavily in the development and training of our engineers and are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent, making this a fantastic opening in which to grow and advance your skills.
Please note this job entails lone working.
We are currently resourcing experienced Telecoms Engineers to carry out simple provision work on the BT Openreach Network for a national contract.
The work involves installing telephone systems by working inside roadside located cabinets (PCP). You will jumper wires from the e-side to the d-side of the cabinet and complete line tests to ensure good working lines for the end user.
You will be willing to work in all weather conditions. Foul weather PPE will be supplied along with a vehicle, tools and the equipment required to complete every job safely and to the highest standards.
Customer satisfaction is key aspect of any work you will carry out and first impressions count. You will need to be customer focused, polite and well-presented.
You will be employed on a sub-contract basis and not PAYE, if you are looking for PAYE then please do not apply.
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Willing to travel to and from various job locations within your working area
- Be prepared to work away from home to meet operational requirements if needed
- Be prepared to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to work alone using your own initiative
- Be highly motivated with attention to detail
- After training, work using hand held testing equipment and PDA tablets etc.
- Be flexible with regard to working hours as you are paid on a job completion and appointment completion basis
- If required, be prepared to work weekends (normally Saturdays if needed)
- Attend accredited training courses if required
- Be computer literate and after training be able to install and set up routers, modems and WI-FI.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE.
- Be prepared to undergo a DBS check (formally CRB).
- Full UK driving license.
- Well presented
- Excellent customer service skills.
NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience working work BT, Sky or Virgin media
- Previous experience of telecoms, working off ladders or external network installation.
- Have worked in an Engineering or technical environment and have relevant work experience
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- If you meet all of the above criteria and would like to apply please send your CV to email@example.com
- On receipt of your application the MJ Quinn Recruitment Department will screen your CV.
- If your CV meets our requirements you will receive a phone call to discuss the position further and also request proof of the above qualifications.
MJ Quinn is an Equal Opportunities Provider of Contractual Services